Saturday, April 3, 2010

PaperTrey Princesses Challenge- Just Neutrals

Wow, what a great challenge! Valerie issued the challenge to make a card using just the neutral colors Kraft, Black, White, and Cream. Here is what I came up with for the challenge. I had seen one of the PTI Design Team members use the Outlines Alphabet stamps to make a chalkboard look. I loved the idea so I went with that. There has been lots of chatter on the forum about showing appreciation to our children's teachers. Here is a card for my high school son to give to his male teacher.

Thanks, Valerie! I wouldn't have thought of this on my own!

Stamps sets:
Teacher's Apple
Outlines Alphabet

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love it! The chalkboard is a great idea.

IamDerby said...

Awesome job on this! I am so behind, I need to get cracking! I love your blackboard idea, very cute

B said...

Fabulous! :) Love the chalkboard idea!

Val said...

How cute is that! Love the chalkboard design. Great job with the challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Dana said...

Diane this is the perfect male teacher card! I love the chalkboard look and the black apples too!

Lee said...

Great take on the challenge!

Serendipity said...

LoVe iT!!!

Unknown said...

I just love your card it is adorable! The colors are perfect.
Have a great night, please visit my blog too!
Jessica Lynn

Mariah said...

What a great card! I am absolutely going to use the whole chalk board idea for my end-of-year cards. Thanks!