Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June Blog Hop-PTI



This month's Blog Hop challenge was to use a transparency. These are a little tricky to work with but this is what I came up with for my project.

I put my transparency through my Cuttlebug using the Stylized Flowers embossing folder. I then folded it in half. I cut a slit for the ribbon through the transparency and through a 1/2 sheet of Lavender Moon card stock that I had stamped the sentiment on using Mailbox Greetings. I then put some Plum Pudding ribbon through the slit and wrapped it around the front of the card. I attached some Prima Flowers with some Oriental Trading Company brads.

32 comments:

Kimberly Crawford said...

very lovely!!! great minds think alike! :)

IamDerby said...

very nice work.

Unknown said...

Simple elegance - i really like this

Scrapping Julie said...

kewl. cant wait to try this myself

Regan said...

WOW I would have never thought of that!!! Very vice

Jak Heath said...

I love the effect that the cuttlebug embossing has made, lovely card.

Deanna said...

You guys... I totally did not think to dry emboss it! Very cleaver!

Latisha said...

i didn't know you could run acetate through the cb and get an impression!

Anonymous said...

Simple and beautiful--just perfect. I love this. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a good idea to use the cuttlebug on this!

Hello from Rochester :), what fun to run into other Minnesotans.

Lee said...

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful acetate piece!!! I love the cuttle-ing!!!

Julie-Ann Wells (Jewels) said...

That is so neat! I have to try that some time! TFS!!

Chris said...

i so never thought about embossing it!!! thanks for the inspiration!!!

Kristie Larsen said...

love it!

One Creative Life said...

Great job!! I embossed too!~Erica

K said...

Very nice! I'm glad to see someone who put their Cuttlebug to good use. The Prima flowers look so nice too.

Anonymous said...

Soooooo pretty!

~ Pam

Lynn Mercurio said...

How very clever...your background is fabulous! Great job.

Kevin Renz said...

Love the look of the embossed transparency. Its such a neat effect. Great card!

Anonymous said...

I'd never really thought to put acetate through my Cuttlebug. It leaves such a cool texture!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! I almost did this same thing and then there would have been at least 3 of us! :)

Kacey Elliott said...

Cool concept! Have to remember this one!

thinker said...

stunning! love the colours :) a very clever idea that I'll have to try!!!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous! I love embossing my clear items! Great job on the card!

ohradiogirl said...

Very nice. I like the embossing.

Anonymous said...

Great job! The embossing folder did a great job on your acetate! Very pretty card.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So pretty!

Charlene Austin said...

Super cute!!

And congrats on the weight loss!! I am so jealous!

Kathleen said...

This is pretty---I haven't tried acetate in my CB yet---maybe I should! I like it!

Terri said...

Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! Great thinking!

Rebecca said...

Yummy! Great colors and use of texture!