Friday, July 25, 2008

July PTI Blog Hop





Welcome to the July Blog Hop with PTI.


This month we were asked to use the beautiful Papertrey Ink linen Vellum. This vellum is thicker than most and has a wonderful texture.


I chose to dry emboss my vellum with a Cuttlebug Embossing folder. I really like the way this paper responds to "cuddling". With the Dark Chocolate PTI paper underneath the vellum, just enough of the dark shows through to soften the whiteness.

I then used the SU Ticket Punch in the corners and tied a double ribbon around the bottom. I really like the two color, two sizes of ribbon. I used Plum Pudding for the wider ribbon and Dark Chocolate for the thinner ribbon. I then used my Nestabilities to make the ovals then stamped the flower in the middle using the new Floral Frenzy stamp set. The "thank you" stamp is from the Mixed Messages stamp set. The little bling in the corners is from Target.

37 comments:

Jak Heath said...

Thats so pretty, love the embossing.

Scrapping Julie said...

great card. love embossing on vellum. such a pretty look

Kevin Renz said...

Great Card Diane! Don't you love the embossed look on the vellum!

Marie Cramp said...

lovely card.

Marie
http://scrappingworld.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This is really pretty Diane, beautiful embossing.

IamDerby said...

This turned out great, I am going to have to try this technique.

Serendipity said...

Very nice card! I love the two ribbon accent you chose!

~ Pam
(prhansen on PTI)

Donelda said...

You are right, just the right amount of the dark color shows through the "cuttled" vellum! Nice job. Thanks for the inspiration!!

B said...

Love the embossing on vellum! So pretty!

Latisha said...

I forgot about the cb embossing folders, great tip!

Traveling Mama said...

So pretty! Love what you did!

Frogwoman said...

Lovely!

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, Diane! Love how you stamped the leaves upside down...very neat!!

Kacey Elliott said...

Great card - I am loving the embossed vellum!

K said...

The embossing looks so great. Very pretty and great job.

Lori said...

Pretty! I really like the embossed vellum.

Jenny Mick said...

Very pretty card!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty! Love the embossing and the colors!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful!

Suzanne said...

A very very nice card! I am going to have to try some of that vellum with my next PTI order.

Janette said...

very pretty- love the cb'ing of the the vellum

Bonnie said...

So pretty! I have not embossed vellum and now I absolutely have to do it!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful card, Diane! Love the ribbon you used!! :) tfs!

Anonymous said...

I love the background on this card it really pulls the whole look together. You did a great job on this challenge.

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful card, Diane! Love the ribbon you used!! :) tfs!

Anonymous said...

pretty! love that plum color! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love the Cuttlebugin on the vellum.

Annapurna said...

Lovely! I didn't think about putting something else on the top. TFS.

Anonymous said...

I love how beautifully vellum embosses--great job!

Molly B said...

Very pretty. Love the "cuddling". -Molly B

Chris said...

very pretty!!

Katy Myhre said...

OOOOOOH I LOVE THE STYLIZED FLOWER FOLDER WITH THIS.I MAKES IT VERY PRETTY. TFS!

KT

Maria Matter said...

Diane, this is a beautiful card!!! I really like the look of CB'd vellum!!

Kathleen said...

very pretty~PTI was out of the linen when I tried to order---I can't wait to get some! TFS

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

So pretty!

Christi Flores said...

I love that embossed vellum! So pretty!

Lee said...

I LOVE this flower....and the leaves are super cute!!! ;)