Thursday, July 2, 2009

PaperTrey Princess Challenge

I am so thankful for this challenge! I have been spending every free moment working on the cookbook I'm putting together for my home economics class. The girls turned in over 1000 recipes and now I'm working like crazy to get them all into cookbook form. I would really like to get it DONE before my kindergarten curriculm comes. It will be strange to shift gears from teaching highschool home ec. to teaching a classroom full of 5-6 year olds. I'm exceited about it though!

On to the challenge! We were shown a picure of this beautiful April Cornell placemat and napkin. The challenge was to make a card following the same colors and design.

I used Vintage Cream CS as my base and some of the layers. I also used Ripe Avocado and Spring Rain CS and ink. The stamp sets I used were Fancy Flourishes and Mega Mixed Messages. The ribbon is Ripe Avocado and the button is Spring Rain with the Cream Twine. The fold idea came from the Journal of Paper Engineering. (what a fun book!)

All items used are PTI except for the message layer and that was cut out using my Cuttlebug and Nestabilities.



Bring on the next challenge! I need to get my head out of the cookbook sometime!

10 comments:

Val said...

This is awesome. You nailed this challenge.

B said...

Lovely!

peggysue said...

Wow, what a great idea and execution of this challenge. And good luck finishing the cookbook!

Cheryl said...

So pretty!

Mara Campbell said...

Amazing card!!!! I just love it!

And good luck with the cookbook!

BethieJ said...

BEAUTIFUL Diane!!! Good luck with the cookbook!!!

thinker said...

beautifully done!

Katy Myhre said...

Wow! This came out great! I love it!

Lee Anne said...

Hi! I just discovered your blog after reading your response to my question about Avocado or New Leaf ink way back in March. I'm wondering where you find the PTI challenges? I see you have referenced them many times, but I don't know where you found them and I think I want in on the fun!

Lee said...

You did a great job with the challenge. I didn't get to do this one!